Creation of a logo for a cultural association
The non-profit organization "Les Alliés des arts", recently created in Paris, France needs a logo.
1. NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION
The name of the association is a reference to the patrons (see "The target") that we want to find to help us in our mission (see "Company description").
These patrons are invited to become “allies of the arts”.
The name of the association therefore does not refer to the artists benefiting from the action of the association, or the association of patrons and artists.
2. LOGO OF THE ASSOCIATION
Two objectives are assigned to the logo, for potential patrons.
2.1 BE A MOTIVATION ELEMENT
The logo should make people want to support the association.
To motivate and seduce those solicited, one of the driving forces may be to offer a counterpart to their donation.
This consideration can be to value them, to praise them. The association can thus appear as a club of patrons whose membership is sought (like Rotary or Lions Clubs).
The logo can therefore illustrate two ideas:
- the association is: prestigious, chic.
- the association is: strong, powerful.
But be careful not to go too far! The association should not appear as:
- too elitist or "upscale";
- too "classic" and anchored in the past. It must remain in phase with the contemporary art sector (living artists or active after the Second World War) and with its actors (artists, gallery owners, collectors, influencers, etc.);
- it must not appear as already "rich" (since it is looking for help ...).
2.2 BE AN ELEMENT OF REASSURANCE
The logo should reassure potential patrons of the use that will be made of the loaned premises, equipment and funds granted.
- The logo must present the association as: serious, solid.
- The logo can also illustrate a second idea: that of the association's seniority. Therefore too much modernism should be avoided but, as indicated above, the logo must be that of an association supporting contemporary art).
1. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSOCIATION
The association “Les Alliés des arts” works in the field of contemporary art (visual arts exclusively: painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, etc.). Its mission is to support artists, deprived of visibility by the covid-19 epidemic (closure of art centers and galleries, cancellations of fairs, etc.), and to organize exhibitions.
2. ACTIVITY OF THE ASSOCIATION
The association organizes exhibitions in vacant places (shops, offices, etc.) that have been transformed into galleries on an ephemeral basis.
The association targets natural or legal persons (companies) likely to become patrons by helping it achieve its mission (organize contemporary art exhibitions):
1. owners of vacant premises agreeing to make their property available free of charge to host exhibitions (eg: real estate developers, banks, large companies, etc.);
2. donors who can make a material contribution (cash or material donations) for the organization of exhibitions (eg: business leaders, lawyers, collectors of works of art, etc.).
Colors, favourites and other requirements
1. ELEMENTS OF THE LOGO
1.1.1 The name "Les Alliés des arts"
The association is a recent creation; it is not well-known and investments in communication to make it known will remain very limited. Barring exceptions, the people who will be approached by the association will not have heard of it beforehand.
It therefore appears essential today that the logo should include the name of the association.
1.1.2 Only the name!
We do not recommend adding other texts.
1.2 GRAPHIC ELEMENTS
1.2.1 Graphic elements are an option
Contest participants are free to include, or not, graphic elements in the logo, in addition to the letters of the association’s name.
These possible graphic elements can be:
- frames, emblem or icon, etc. ;
- of all styles: minimalist, drawn, etc.
1.2.2 Graphic elements are a recommended option
We believe that the following possibilities are not promising:
- a logo consisting of the name of the association alone ("typographic logo");
- a logo made up of the name of the association and the letters "AA" (we see this as a repetition. In addition, the association will never have sufficient fame so that the initials "AA" alone will not help to identify it.
Contest participants are free to choose the script, typeface or font for the association's name.
We recommend that participants keep in mind the characteristics of the logo described in the "Needs" section (seriousness, solidity, etc.).
3. LOGO SHAPE
The logo should be adapted to the location of "profile pictures" on Facebook and other social networks.
It should therefore fit into a square, a circle or a shape of similar proportions.
4. LOGO COLOR(S)
The logo can consist of several colors.